Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sarah- Thursday, July 24th

Elliptical...again? Yes, it's over 100 in Texas. I stay up too late at night as it's my only time without the kids and then I have a hard time getting up early enough to run before it gets sweltering and Chris goes to work. Blah, blah, blah. 30 minutes on Performance 5. I actually looked at the screen today- yes, I'm in denial when I elliptical too and look at the screen as little as possible. I stay in the moment. I don't like to know how much is left, what the resistance will be...nothing. For descriptive purposes I decided to watch the course to figure out what, exactly, Performance means. It's one big, long horrendous hill. No wonder Aerobic felt like spinning. It's a good workout! I have found that if I use the machine in sneakers, from the balls of my feet to my toes fall asleep. That makes the elliptical even more endearing. I can be in various stages of undress (not having to leave the house) and socks (not even having to lace any shoes).

Insert expletive here! According to my calculations (which I have been very delinquent in doing) on Jeff Galloway's training site, I am 2 weeks behind in being conscientious about my marathon training. To this point, I have been doing as much as I can of whatever I can for however long seemed appropriate or was possible. I temporarily freaked out just now. Now I'm looking more at the chart and it looks like I have been doing way more than is required at this point in the training. That seems good! Looks like what I need to focus on are the long runs. I must make an effort to get up early once a week to do the long runs. I am enjoying working out this much and have no desire to cut back. My body feels good and looks good. I feel stronger and more mentally in tune than I have in a long time. So fabulous!

1 comment:

Darcy said...

No worries Sarah! Your pool running is doing far more than you think, I'm sure! Don't panic, just focus on the once a week running goal for now to get through the heat... and keep up the awesome job!