I awoke at 7 AM to two children and a body that wished to not yet wake. My first thought was coffee...and I don't drink coffee. Instead I got the kids breakfast, turned on Noggin, and went back to bed for an hour. And by then it's about 90 degrees. We had a full family day and in the late afternoon, as Chris napped on the couch, I rounded up the kids and we went out to the pool. They swam and played as I pool ran for an hour. I wasn't sure how that would work as far as being left to my workout but it was great! It's a lot about focusing on form in order to achieve the best workout. This includes keeping the feet flexed/semi-flexed as one would do on the road. It makes a huge difference in what I feel in my gluts and hams which I attribute to a better workout. I like a little pain...especially if I'm not going to drip sweat or turn red like a ripe tomato (as doesn't happen in the pool but does happen everywhere else). Apparently it's the Aquajogger belt that causes the stomach pressure and regurgitation. How incredibly unpleasant. Still worth it for the pool run but it's pretty nasty to be puking in my mouth every few minutes. I had BBQ for lunch and, though I'm sure it would've been fine coming back right after, 4 hours later it no longer resembles BBQ. Nice.
After the hour of running, I did some laps to top it off. I always start with the forward crawl and see how long I can take it. Usually it's about 3 laps max before I have to at least alternate with breast stroke. Today I did 14 crawl laps. I was breathing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just had a thought - with a pool in your yard, you could train for a triathlon after your marathon!
Post a Comment